The word "glamping" is a blend of two concepts: Glamour + Camping. You can tell by what we were wearing that Jennylyn was the glamorous one, and I was the camper. LOL
That's Robin planning his lighting strategy.
A big thank you to the show's entire team. And a special thank you to Production Tech Robin Frank for setting up the lights so nicely on The Glampette. You certainly made her look more glamorous than usual!
Jennylyn Gleave is a friend and had asked earlier this spring, even before the trailer was finished, if I would bring it on her show. I promised her I would and here she is, The Glampette in studio, starring in her first TV appearance. It was a lot of fun. Thanks so much for having us on your program Jennylyn!
Click on the arrow to watch the interview.
The interview touches on:
- Why I wanted a trailer in the first place
- The Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers forum that inspired me to try to build a trailer
- The design and build process working with Fred (an experienced builder) in MI while I was in CA
- The Camp-Inn tiny trailer rally in WI
- Some of the high and low points of my first season of travel crossing the country a couple of times racking up 13,331 miles since June
- You'll also see my tiny MSR camp stove and vintage grill I use as a cooking platform
- And you'll see my new fingerless mittens that keep my hands warm when the temperatures dip below freezing
- And safety tips, both parking overnight and driving on the road, when traveling with a small trailer
This is my travel buddy Kitai
And the hail storm in Gillette, WY in June
On a side note I decided to do the interview the way I camp and travel, with no lipstick :) In fact, since leaving Michigan I've only worn lipstick on three occasions. What a change that is after wearing it 99.9% of the time since I was a teenager.
A special thanks to my friend Elley Ho who came just for fun but then took some photos for me with my camera while the taping was taking place or I wouldn't have had the first image in this post.
If you ever have any questions about The Glampette feel free to leave a comment and I'll do my best to share any information I can if you've been dreaming of designing or buying a tiny trailer of your own.