Items on eBay

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Love my iPhone but...

LOL I just entered this blog post in a funny new contest sponsored by Amanda at "Shamelessly Sassy" one of my favorite blogs to read just for fun. The theme of the contest? "Embarrass Yourself for $100." I think I might have a shot. Actually I think this is the kind of contest you really don't want to win. Because it means you're kind of an idiot. Heh heh heh... So here goes...

I thought an iPhone would make my life perfect. Well maybe not perfect but it would make me happy and would be really cool to have. Little did I know there is a dark side to the phone that nobody talks about.

A few weeks ago I was sleeping when my super cool iPhone rang. Then it buzzed there was a message. I did not know how to use my iPhone because I had just got it for Christmas so in a sleepy haze I hit the button thinking I was listening to voicemail. Nope I called the person back. So turns out it was my landlord calling to see how my move out was coming along, like what day did I think I'd be out. Here's what happened next. It was classic:

Him: Hello

Me: nothing (remember I think it's voice mail)

Him: Hello

Me: nothing

Him: Hello Stacie

Me: nothing

Him Hello... Hello.... Stacie

Me: (To my hubby) It's some weird guy saying my name over and over on my voice mail.

Him: Hello Stacie

Me: (To my hubby) OMG this is so weird! This is the strangest message! I wonder who it is.

Him: Hello Stacie I can hear you're there.

Me: (To my hubby) Oh my gosh now he's saying he can hear I'm there in the message but thinks I wasn't saying anything back! Why would someone think I was there and not speaking?

Him: Stacie It's Neal!

Me: (To my hubby) OMG It's my crazy landlord leaving me a weird message! (Just for the record: My landlord was a very nice guy and very sane. He never showed any signs of being crazy. Ever. That was just my interpretation of the weird message that seemed crazy...)

Him: Hello... Stacie.... Can you hear me? I can hear you!

Me: (to my hubby) OMG how long is this message?

Him: Staaaaaaaaaacie!

Me: (At this point I'm convinced that my landlord has lost his mind.)

Him: Stacie, it's me Neal, you called me back.

Me: (to myself) Huh?

Him: This is not a message.

Me: Neal? What? Wait! It's you? I thought you were a message on my voice mail.

Him: I know you did. Did you dye your hair blond?

Thank goodness he thought it was hilarious and said no apology was necessary. Ooooh boy! What a doosie that one was. LOL. But hey, life's too short and if you can't laugh at yourself you're going to miss out on a lot of fun times. Well, at least I would.


  1. hahahahahahahahahahaha.. i couldn't stop laughing when you first told me this story and reading it again still cracks me up. :)

  2. Thanks for the comment Vicki :o) Glad to help people find a reason to laugh. The last time I spoke with my now ex-landlord he was still laughing at me about it.

    Another friend emailed me and said she almost fell off her chair she was laughing so hard. From now on I should tag the funny stories "buckle up" so nobody gets hurt. LOL.

  3. That is the funniest story!!!!!

  4. I found your site through shamelesslysassy.com.

    Thanks for sharing this embarrassing moment. I think I'll be laughing about it all day long!

  5. Thanks Lisa and Dingo!

    Other funny thing is how all of your friends become comedians after you tell them a story like this. For the week after "the incident" whenever they or my hubby called me on the phone? I would say "Hello" and they would say "Stacie, this is a real person calling you... I am not a voicemail." LOL


YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.