Home
About
Media
Items on eBay
Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2008

It's my Birthday and I want cake, and cookies, and marshmallows!


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! You might be so jealous after you read this post.

So for my BiRtHdaY my new "tradition" is a once a year trek to the Ferry Building in San Francisco to go to Miette, a French bakery. CLICK HERE to view what I got last year.

Oh My GOSH! I love this place so much. It's one of my "happy places" I think about when I need to think of a happy place.


So this is what this flirty girl does on her Birthday. She goes dessert shopping and has lunch with friends. My hubby and I headed up to SF to pick up my "gifts" then met Armando and Chris for lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Betelnut. I was so surprised! They had got me this spiffy cake stand at Miette so I used it for my B-day photo shoot! So cute huh?


The ritual consists of arriving at Miette and buying every single thing that appeals to me. So in this post you can see everything I purchased this year.

The very nice woman who was packaging up my goodies asked me when I was serving all of them as two needed to be refrigerated. Serving them? I told her I wasn't serving them to anyone! They were all for me to eat in the next 48 hours. LOL

And talk about self control. I didn't eat anything (well except for one thing) until I got home so I could take all of these pictures to share with all of you! If you know me and live nearby I might even consider sharing with you... Just let me know what you want a bite of and I'll save you some :P

Here's what's left:

Layer Cake: Gone
Cupcakes: Gone
Browned Butter Cake: Gone
Chocolate Macaroons: Gone
Meringue Cookies: Gone
Marshmallows: Gone
Brownies: Gone
Scharffen Berger Cake: Gone
Lemon Tart: Gone
Banana Loaf: Gone








The Ferry Building in San Francisco


Here was my cupcake for the road. Which didn't even survive to the parking lot. Heh heh. Yummmmmmm it was sooooooooooo goooooooooood!


2 comments:

  1. *droooooool* the brownies look so good! i went to a place called "Hot Chocolate" in Chicago, oh my goodness, you'd have a field day there!

    HAPPY BIRThDAY!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bring you a brownie tomorrow :P

    Just looked at Hot Chocolate's website. Oh my gosh the lunch and brunch menus look sooooooo good! Now I'm *drooling* too!

    Thanks for the Birthday wishes! It was a good one but I'll tell you some stories that will make you roll your eyes when I see you. LOL

    ReplyDelete



YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.