Items on eBay

Friday, April 18, 2008

Miraglia Catering

I love salmon.

I love capers.

I love caviar.

Let me tell you, these were not your typical smoked salmon on a piece of toast or graved lox on a piece of bread with dill and capers kind of appetizer. Miraglia Catering, located in San Leandro, has stepped things up and uses a thin, soft, Korean, pancake as the base for these bite sized morsels.

So how could I not love them? Salmon is really healthy for you. Though I have been moving towards going vegetarian for a while now, salmon is one protein source that I'm torn about. The health benefits are tremendous, especially the omega-3 fatty acids. Capers I always add to any pasta I make at home. Caviar? I've had 3 times in my entire life. If you've never tried caviar before I can only describe the taste as light and that it tastes like the ocean. Not salty at all, just clean and fresh. To be honest I don't know anyone who enjoys caviar as much as I do but it's so decadent I rarely have the opportunity to sample it.

Combine all of these ingredients together and you have one blissed out Flirty Girl. Especially when the catering staff at a Bay Area Wedding Network meeting I was attending told me to "eat as many" as I could before we stepped into the Tien Megadome Theatre at the Chabot Space center the for the days presentation. I needed no further urging. I stood at their display and ate as many as I could. It would have been rude not to right?

photo by: by Suzanne Jamieson

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment

YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.