Items on eBay

Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Four Seasons, Palo Alto

A few weeks back I was invited to attend a site tour of the Four Seasons in Palo Alto. I've driven past this impressive looking hotel many times as I zip back and forth to the city on HWY 101 but had never had an opportunity to look inside.

I think the biggest surprise to me was that the Hotel in incredibly quiet inside. One would think being all glass alongside a highway you would hear some of the traffic streaming by, at least a little bit. But honestly? You don't hear anything at all through the triple paned glass windows on the north side. Pretty amazing. At home I can hear my neighbors phone ringing from inside my house but couldn't hear a peep once inside the hotel.

I borrowed this photo from their website. It shows their beautiful outdoor reception area near the fountain. That evening they had set up a ceremony area by the fountain and the indoor banquet room for the reception. I think one of the nicest things about hotels is that it's sooooo easy for your guests to be able to attend the ceremony and reception in one location. It's a gesture even more appreciated f you have a lot of out-of-towners who don't know their way around.

And oh my gosh is this dessert buffet a dream come true or what??? And if you can believe it I hardly got to sample anything because I had to leave a bit early to go have dinner with friends. I did eat one macaroon on a stick just before I had to go. And I grabbed a raspberry tart and left it in the car while I went to dinner. I ate it on the way home. Yummmmm. How could I resist? I made sure my friends understood the depth of my sacrifice that I dined with them instead of staying at the Four Seasons by showing them these photos over dinner.

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment

YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.