Items on eBay

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Instead of smelling roses...

Recently I was in San Francisco on a particularly overcast day when, after parking my car, I began walking down the sidewalk and spotted these gorgeous cactus flowers growing in a pot on the sidewalk!

I'd never seen anything like them before. I've seen a lot of blooming cacti around here but this one was special. The petals truly look like bird feathers. So instead of stopping to smell the roses. I stopped to photograph a cactus. It may not have been as fragrant but it was just as rewarding.

It also made me wonder if brides ever use cactus flowers in their bouquets and arrangements. I have no idea if the flowers are long lasting or wither quickly. If they do last they would be pretty show stopping to use in a  wedding.


  1. wow, it looks so delicate! It's beautiful!

  2. It's amazing a flower that beautiful can come out a dried up, wizened looking, scraggly plant like a cactus. It was such an unexpected sight. I'm so glad I noticed it. It really left me in a bit of awe.

  3. Believe it or not, I saw your post and then a girl contacted me to see if I could make this flower out of clay. Coincidence??? It's the first time I had ever seen one. It's got a very unusual name to boot.

  4. How odd! I wonder if she saw it here or always knew about them? If you make one, I want to see it! It'll be gorgeous! In fact if you make one take a picture and I'll add it to this post :D


YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.