Items on eBay

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Alencon Lace Bridal Hair Pins

I love Alencon Lace. To me, it has always been the quintessential bridal lace. Distinctive, elegant and timeless. So when my Flirty Bride accessory clients have a gown made of or embellished with Alencon Lace I have to admit it kind of makes my heart go pittar patter.

In the past I have made headpieces incorporating matching lace to a hair clip or tiara... But my favorite way to work with the lace is to create accessories that complement and are are similar to it, but not to be too exact or identical.

Whether it's using tiny Japanese Delica beads to match the ridged border of the floral and leaf motifs, or matching the same beads (here using pearl beads, flat Swarovski rhinestone crystals and French satin sequins) to match the beading on the gown.

These were samples I create for a client after seeing the lace on her wedding gown.

I love making French wire beaded flower hair pins. While the process itself is quite simple, finding just the right beads to create the perfect "look" to compliment a gown is often the most challenging aspect of making them as bridal accessories.


  1. your blog has so much great info! I'm going to refer my brides here. Great blog!

  2. Thank you everyone! I love making these custom pieces and always welcome brides with very unique requests to contact me. The more unusual the better!


YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.