Home
About
Media
Items on eBay
Blog

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Fun New Contest: Name this Bride!


The contest ran from Dec. 1st through 15th with the winning name chosen in a random drawing. Not only does our winner Nancy earn bragging rights for naming our flirty bride, she also received a gorgeous clay flower mini-arrangement from DK Designs!

To Enter The Contest:

Just tell me what you think I should name the bride above in the comments section of this blog post.

You don't have to register, just select the Name/URL option in the comment window and be sure to post a link to your website or blog that has a contact link or email address on it so that I can contact you if you win. Or send me your suggestion but be sure to include your email address or phone number because I'll need it to notify you if you are the winner. I'll post your suggestion here in the blog for you as anonymous.

I've decided that from now on each Flirty Bride illustration I create will have a name of her or his own. Maybe it'll be your name, your best friend's name, or just a name you love.

Good Luck!

Seriously, how are amazing are these flowers? Diane makes each of them by hand. This is the actual arrangement the winner will receive. How cute would this arrangement be on your desk at work or tucked onto your nightstand at home? They'd also make a super cute gift.

And they weigh almost nothing. They're as light as a marshmallow. The fact that they are made of clay is misleading. When she first told me about them I thought they would be heavy like porcelain or Play-Doh. But they aren't!


Visit DK Designs on The Flirty Guide

Visit her Website

Visit DK Designs on the Etsy Wedding Shop

Visit her BLOG

And be sure to enter Critsey Rowe's Couture Boudoir contest if you live in or near or are planning to travel to any of the following cities or countries: New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Puerto Rico, South Beach, Germany, Italy, London and Paris


41 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm not entering the contest, but what a cute new bride you've created. I love the birdcage veil. :) Good luck to the lucky winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy Mae! She is cute enough to require a middle name! Hhmmmm, maybe we should give her a last name too so she can go by dm(something rather) like SJP (sarah jessica parker). OK, maybe that was going a little overboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Annabelle. Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie! :) She looks sweet and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. shoelover (you know who I am)December 1, 2008 at 4:40 PM

    Sherry, has a French flair to it. HSE HSE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roxi (sassy and fun) like me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The other Stacie (R.)December 1, 2008 at 5:13 PM

    Rebeca! She's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should name the bride Samantha. Someone already suggested Daisy so Samantha it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lilly , because it's a flirty, flowery name...of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Esme (pronounced Ezz-May). It's not your everyday name. Look it up and read J.D. Salinger's "For Esme With Love and Squalor" (don't worry it's just a short story) and then I think you'll really want to name her Esme...but go see for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I first laid eyes on her I thought "Bella". It's as simple as that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute bride. I am not entering the contest either but I thought she looks like a Becky Anne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. FELICITY! Because she looks incredibly happy...as all brides should! (Felice means happy in Spanish...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, no, she looks very down to earth and fun - how about Laura?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think she should be named Sabrina. Her name means "princess" and what bride isn't one?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bianca! Her mini veil looks very posh to me and Bianca sounds posh plus it means white in Italian, hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. She looks just like a Sara that I know. So cute! And beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Madeline. Name her Madeline ;)

    (Sent by Email)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She looks like a Cecelia to me!

    (Sent by Email)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hm ... this sent me on a Behindthename.com search. How about Kalea, it means happiness in Hawaiian. The name could be changed to Kaylee, if you want a more Americanized name.

    ReplyDelete
  21. She looks like a Daphne to me. Unique, fun, girly and sounds like a flower!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This bride reminds me of my beautiful friend, Darcy. She would cry if her name was chosen because she'd get those gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Stacie ...
    My suggestion for the brides name is ...
    Flora Bella ...

    Wishing you "ALL" the "BEST" !!!

    (Sent by Email)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Charlotte...b/c I just watched sex and the city the movie and she looks like she can be a Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  25. her name should be "Omega 13" because she is secretly a robot from the future.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Madison! I like that name! :) Maddie for short

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think she looks like an Adriana! She looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. FLIRTATIA! because she is a flirty bride!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stella, because every bride is a star!

    (Sent by Email)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think she's Flirty Fiona. It's an Irish name meaning fair, white, and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh she's nameless? Well...I love some of the other suggestions, but how about "Hannah"?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm going with "Savannah" -- perhaps one of my favorite and most beautiful cities in the South.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've got to go with Jasmine. A beautiful flower with an intoxicating scent.

    ReplyDelete



YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.