Items on eBay

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Barbie Boudoir Photo Session... By Critsey Rowe

One of my favorite photographers recently posted these fabulous boudoir shots on her blog. I know boudoir has become all the rage but I doubt you've seen anything like these. Sexy, glamorous, risque but completely unique and "Ooooh La La!." You can view more Barbie Boudoir photos on Critsey's blog by CLICKING HERE.

I did take some amateur boudoir photos of the "Kira" (Barbie's Asian friend) doll I used for the how-we-met-and-began-dating video John and I made to play at our wedding reception. LOL.

When she arrived in the mail I undressed her, because she was wearing scuba gear, and took some funny boudoir shots of her and emailed them to my hubby at work. LOL

But my shots don't even come close to what Critsey has done. I didn't even comb or curl poor Kira's hair. And her hands weren't positioned properly. I didn't realize that taking pictures like this could be such an art form.

Va va voom in red!

Did you even know they make garters and stockings for Barbie Dolls? I didn't.

And don't forget that Critsey is who shot my couture boudoir photo shoot for me. I did this pose!

And this one too, but I was laying on a glass desk (man it was cold!) with the Transamerica building in the background.

By the way, Critsey is an awesome wedding photographer. You can read more about her on The Flirty Guide by CLICKING HERE.

She is also shoots beautiful Couture Boudoir photos of real people too! You can view more of her Boudoir work by CLICKING HERE.


  1. Stacie,
    I think this flickr group would love to see Critsey's Barbie boudoir images ;)

    And where does one find the Asian Barbie? I didn't know about her and try to offer my daughter a variety of dolls

  2. Hey PhotoGirl,

    I found her online... It was quite the search.

    Just for kicks here's an old blog post I did when I couldn't find one locally: http://theflirtyguide.blogspot.com/2007/07/what-no-asian-barbies.html

    But if you google kira+barbie+doll you will find some of the Asian dolls that I ended up purchasing from some second hand toy collector online.

    Thanks for the other link. I forwarded it to Critsey. I agree that group would get quite the kick out of her work :)


YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.