Items on eBay

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kale, Hummingbirds and the Campbell Farmers' Market

Last week I went to the Farmers' Market to purchase Brussels Sprouts and to get more plants for my garden. I headed on over to the Cole Canyon Farms stand.

I chose two kale and some chives.

And look what I saw at their stand. This goes to show if you hurry through life you'll miss out on some cool stuff. Do you see it? It's tiny...

This little hummingbird did two laps around their stand sipping nectar from the various blossoms of lavender and these "Lady in Red" Salvia. To me it was a very special moment and I'm glad I was able to not only see it but also photograph it to share with you.

Check out the schedule on the Cole Canyon Farms website to find out if they'll be in your neighborhood soon. They have all kinds of live herbs and vegetable plants. I was tempted to pick up a tiny Bay Laurel tree but my hands were pretty full with everything else I got that day. Maybe next time :)

You can click on any of the images to see enlargements.

1 comment:

YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.