Home
About
Media
Items on eBay
Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Quick 1 Hour Contest that Starts Now!

And the winner is..... Katherine! Entry #2

I'll make sure to pick up a few more sets the next time I'm in Japantown so that we can do this again. Sorry to those who didn't win today but check back later for another chance.

______________________________

Thanks to all who entered! The winner will be announced shortly. I just have to give the blog entries time stamped before 1:01 PM a few extra minute to cycle through to my inbox.


The other day I posted the recipe of Ozoni or Mochi Soup, a Japanese New Year's Day favorite dish. In the recipe I showed how I cut carrots into cherry blossom shapes with small metal cutters. A few days ago I was in Japantown and picked up a set to giveaway here on the blog. If you would like to try to win them just leave a comment here that includes a link back to contact you through your own blog or send me an email and I'll post your first name only into the blog post before doing a random draw at 1:00 (PST) this afternoon. That's an hour away!

These are pictures of the shapes you can make.

The cutters can also be used to make cute vegetable shapes for salads or garnishes. And it's so easy! Just like cutting out cookies but the metal is thicker and more rigid.

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, my husband and I make this awesome tofu soup that has instructions calling for "carrot flowers." Neither of us has the patience to cut carrots into flowers (we barely suffer through the thin strips of carrots required for sushi, though that will be a struggle of the past, since I got him a mandoline for Christmas!), so we always just do bias discs. These would be perfect! (pidgehuss@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I saw the video you posted and loved how the carrots were cut so pretty. I love how Japanese cooking is such an art. It makes me feel bad for my own kitchen failures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so pretty!! I love the soup you made, it was so pretty and looks awesome. The tools make it looks easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I want to make a veggie version :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley I am reposting your entry without your email address published. Posting it online will generate more spam mail for you as the spam companies troll online looking for addresses to add to their lists. But I'm keeping you as entry number 6 and Joan is entry number 7

    Ashley said...
    So cute! I lived in Japan for a year.. wish we had a Japantown in Boise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! Awesome! Thanks so much. I can't wait to give them a try. Maybe I will try my hand at mochi soup? Hmmm... :D Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete



YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.