Home
About
Media
Items on eBay
Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Heart Shaped Pepperoni Pizza for Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day 2010 I created what I affectionately called a "Pizza of Love" for my hubby's dinner.

First I cut out all of the ingredients into heart shapes. The pepperoni I used kitchen shear to cut them one by one. It only took a few minutes. I folded each piece of pepperoni in half and cut them out like paper hearts. The bell pepper and mushrooms I used a small cookie cutter.

I found the crust recipe online. Despite dozens of comments raving what a great crust recipe it is I want a better one. If you have a great crust recipe you're willing to share I'd love to have it! I plan to continue testing recipes and making more pizzas until I've perfected the end result.

The "Pizza of Love" ready to go into the oven. I found these cool pizza screens at Sur la Table. They allow the crust to get nice and toasted on the bottom. They worked great except I should have lightly coated it with oil as the crust stuck to the screen in one tiny spot.

He ate the whole thing :P

This was my pizza: minced sauteed fresh garlic, chopped pineapple and artichoke hearts

6 comments:

  1. Since you're already a fan of pineapple on pizza (you'd be surprised how many people turn their noses up at that), I thought I'd share my hands-down favorite pizza topping combination with you: jalepenos and pineapple. Another vegetarian friend of mine and I came up with it while at a pizzeria in San Francisco (while we were eating our way through the city during a national conference there), and I shared it with my husband a few months later when we started dating. It's a nice and different veggie combo, so much more inventive than ordering the pizza place's default veggie pizza which ultimately is full of olives and bell peppers which I don't care for. Anyway, if you dig spicy things at all, I suggest you try it! (And your mileage may vary depending on how hot the jalepenos are that your favorite pizza establishment uses. I like ones that are somewhat spicy, if they're too hot, I have to start picking them off two or three pieces in.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kate. it's a great suggestion!

    I have ordered jalapenos, artichokes and red onion before. I'm not one for super spicy but I've come to realize if I cut anything up small enough and scatter it, it creates for a better pizza flavor experience. The last time I ordered the above pizza, as soon as hubby brought it home, I picked off the huge chunks of artichoke and all of the jalapeno, minced them and scattered them back on the pizza. It was perfection!

    LOL we could share a pizza together. I don't care for black olives (I do love kalamata) or mushrooms ever, and don't care for green bell peppers on pizza (though I do like them in certain other dishes), so when they are on a pizza I always pick them off. I think learning to make our own will be so much more fun and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also thank you to Randy for your suggestions sent privately. We do have a pizza stone. I wanted to try the screen because I really liked the pizza at Zaw in Seattle and it was the kind that you bake right on the oven rack.

    (http://helpingtami.blogspot.com/2009/09/pizza-for-dinner-day-72.html)

    I figured if I didn't like the screens I can use them as cooling racks when I bake cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... how cute was that! Did John enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete



YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.