So I made this entire Baked Ziti just for me!
Close up of cheesy goodness...
A Melted Cheese Action Shot
CLICK HERe to visit Carl's Blog for the full recipe and a great photo tutorial of how to make the Baked Ziti
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 Pound Dried Ziti
- 1 Jar of Marinara Sauce (RAO'S preferred - if you use a cheaper brand you may need to add more seasoning, salt, pepper, etc. to your dish)
- Ricotta Cheese (15 ounces)
- Mozzarella Cheese (16 ounces)
- Pecorino Romano Cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1 egg yoke
- Freshly ground nutmeg (generous pinch)
- Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley (handful)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Add the pasta sauce to 1/2 or 1 lb of cooked meat (ground meat or sausage) that was sauteed with diced onion and seasoned with salt and stir into the rest of the mixture same as before. Due to the increased volume be sure to use a large casserole dish.
Use low fat ricotta and mozzarella
MODIFICATIONS I MADE WERE USING:
- Penne instead of Ziti
- Less Mozzarella and more Romano Cheese to make the dish less rich
- Bottled, pre-ground nutmeg
- Dried parsley (instead of fresh)
Thanks Carl for sharing your recipe! I hope others enjoy it as much as I did.
Most Popular Recipes on The Flirty Blog:
• Heart Shaped Pepperoni Pizza for Valentine's Day
• New Year's Day Mochi Soup: Ozoni Recipe
• Baked Kale Chips... A Delicious and Healthy Snack