Home
About
Media
Items on eBay
Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Eco-friendly: A fabric gift wrap idea you already have at home


Here it is: Instead of wrapping our gifts to each other in paper, hubby and I wrap them in pillow cases and bed sheets. I add ribbon for a fancier touch and  even reuse the ribbon each year. LOL


To be honest I'm not sure why hubby likes this idea. I like it because it's eco-friendly. I think he likes it because it's less work than wrapping with paper.


Every year I keep saying I'm going to buy some cute holiday fabric and sew a few pillow case style bags in different sizes for small and medium sized items and have a few larger flat sheets for bigger boxes. With holiday fabric they would be so much more festive looking. But I still haven't got around to it so I decided to show them to you as they are.


For the large box I used a flat sheet with three small binder (paper) clips to clip the fabric from two sides together across the top. I created hospital corners with the extra fabric and drew up the other two sides and tied them across the top with a piece of ribbon.


The effect of opening a fabric wrapped gift is the same as a paper wrapped gift. It just takes a little less time and there's nothing to throw away after :)

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment



YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.