Every Easter season I always read stories about how people buy their kids real baby chicks as Easter presents. When they grow into chickens and roosters they realize they aren't really equipped for them and either try to find them a new home, surrender them to the humane society or take them to the country and turn them loose.
So, making these little chickies seems like a great compromise. They're tiny, fluffy, quiet and cute, just like real baby chicks, but they aren't nearly as much work and won't get any bigger.
All it takes are a few materials:
- Yarn. I used a soft and fluffy "Fizz" yarn that looks like angora but is made of an ultra soft and fluffy polyester but you can use any kind of fluffy yarn
- Round, black glass beads for eyes
- Yellow or orange paper or felt for the beaks
- Needle and thread to tie two pom poms together to make each chick
- Tacky craft glue
- Pom Pom maker - There are two options, store bought or DIY
Want to learn how to make these super cute little peeps? Check out the Pom Pom Easter Chicks tutorial over on The Flirty Guide.
Currently in 3rd place.