Home
About
Media
Items on eBay
Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

Oh My Trailer: We have windows!

My trailer builder Fred sent me his latest pictures of the tiny teardrop trailer he's building for me.

The windows are in! Well, one window was in but there's going to be two. At first I only wanted one window and a tiny one at that.


But then Fred suggested two larger windows just so I wouldn't feel cramped in a tiny box.

And then the lady at Hehr Windows also said I should go bigger. She pointed out that I should have larger windows because if I were ever trapped inside the trailer, like if somehow someone blocked the rear (and only) door entry, I could always use a window as an emergency egress. A little more research and I realized it worked both ways. If some type of catastrophe ever occurred First Responders could extract me from the trailer through a window as well but it would have to be large enough for them to climb into the trailer. Sold.


With the hoops (side wall framing) up the trailer has really taken on its shape. The sidewall tubing is 3/4" steel which may seem thin but keep in mind most trailer builders use 3/4 sheets of plywood (some go even thinner to reduce weight) to create their sidewalls so the steel is actually more structurally sound. By the time we're done Fred will have added in more cross bar supports, filled in the cavities with rigid foam board, skinned the exterior with aluminum and finished the inside with thin wood.

I can't wait for his next update!



To follow the entire build thread from beginning to end just click on the "Trailer - Build" category on the side bar or CLICK HERE.

To view all of my trailer gear and decorating posts CLICK HERE.


0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment



YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.