Items on eBay

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Another kind of naked

Recently I had a conversation with my friend who mentioned that the last time of day she would want her picture taken was first thing in the morning. I can't remember what we were talking about exactly but I told her I kind of like the way I look as soon as I wake up in the morning. I'm talking before I've brushed my hair or put on my lipstick for the day, probably because it's the time of day I look the most relaxed and rested.

It made me realize that as a follow up to the "Naked" post I wrote a few months ago that dealt with emotional and physical nakedness, there was another kind of naked: Going out in public without makeup on.

2008 with foundation and red lipstick - 2013 with no lipstick or foundation

For the most part I've only worn lipstick, usually a bright or dark red, every day (probably) since I was 15 years old. Occasionally I'll wear some powdered foundation if I know my photo may be taken to cut down the oily shine my skin gets around my nose. And when participating in professional photo shoots I've had my makeup done professionally. I'd have to say I feel most comfortable in front of a camera with professional makeup. It makes your skin look flawless and fake lashes give my eyes much more character than my natural short lashes. LOL

But recently while traveling and camping I quit wearing lipstick, cold turkey, for a couple of weeks. It just seemed kind of silly to wear it out in the woods and driving alone in my car to get to the night's campground destination.

Can I just say it was liberating? To not worry about having to reapply it throughout the day was really nice. I'd gone without for four days earlier this year when I misplaced my make up bag but this time was completely intentional and for a lot longer.

My mom commented that it took her longer to go out in public without lipstick on. Most likely she was in her late 60's or early 70's. She looks great without it. I told her so. She said "Thank you, but you're not getting a picture of me without it for your blog post." LOL

I guess I'm still a work in progress, as I suspect most of us are :)

Photo on left by: Natalie Napoleon Wi

This post was edited on May 1, 2014 to include the following video:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment

YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.