Items on eBay

Sunday, November 17, 2013

An unusual dome shaped cloud over Mt. Shasta

While driving up to Washington state back in September with The Glampette I noticed an odd cloud hanging seemingly motionless over Mt. Shasta near the Northern California, Southern Oregon border. I had no idea what kind of cloud it was but it was so unusual I pulled over to take a photo.

It was thin, shaped like a contact lens, and seemed to be hovering in place just barely clearing the mountain's snow capped peak.

That night when I talked to my mom on the phone I described the cloud to her. Her immediate reply was a casual "Oh, it must have been a lenticular cloud." A lenticu-what? was my shocked reply. I say I was shocked only because my mom isn't a meteorologist and I didn't expect her to actually know what kind of cloud I'd seen.

She said I should go on Pinterest  and search lenticular cloud and I could confirm if that's what I saw. (BTW, my mom is a Pinterest-a-holic of the most extreme kind. If you love succulents you should follow her board "Succulents & Cactus & Sedum." Currently she has 9868 pins and 1965 followers. By Tuesday I'm sure she'll pass 10,000 pins.)

So there I had it. I saw a gorgeous cloud and got schooled by my mom via Pinterest what kind of cloud it was.

I keep hoping to see another someday when I have more time and can stop and really enjoy the view. As it was I was trying to make it to my destination that night before dark so I couldn't wait two hours for the sunset, which I will regret always because if the cloud was still there and became painted in pinks, violets, and orange it would have been amazing to behold.

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment

YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.