Items on eBay

Saturday, January 18, 2014

I usually don't but today I did

I did it. I got the flu shot. My friend Judy had been pushing me for a week to get one. Then I saw some news reports and realized it may be the best thing to do. The thing is I tend to have bad side effects from a lot of things. Antibiotics have made me break out in hives. Pain killers make me so nauseated several times I've gotten sick to my stomach and once I couldn't even stand up I got so dizzy I had to close my store and lie on the floor for hours until I felt well enough to drive home.

Basically it was really easy:
  • I walked into a CVS pharmacy and filled out a short form.
  • They needed a few minutes to process the form so I did some shopping and received 20% off my entire purchase for getting the flu shot.
  • When they were ready they called my name over the store's PA system and asked me to return to the pharmacy.
  • I was charged out at the register but was fortunate my health insurance covered the entire cost of the shot so I didn't have to pay anything. Friends had told me shots usually cost between $20 - $30.
  • I went and received the shot. Yes, it hurt. But only for a couple of seconds and not nearly as bad as I'd be hurting if I caught the flu.
So when I got the shot this morning and felt fine a few hours later I thought I'd dodged the potential side effects of this year's influenza vaccine.

Then I took a nap.

When I woke up I felt like I'd been power lifting and/or had been hit by a truck. I had body aches in my arms, hands, chest, and legs. I also had the chills. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening feeling like a sick puppy. I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow.

But the moral of the story is: I'm glad Judy talked me into getting the shot. I think it's her fault I feel so icky now but I wanted to thank her for being so concerned about me not dying from the flu that she cared enough to hound me for a week.

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment

YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.