Basically it was really easy:
- I walked into a CVS pharmacy and filled out a short form.
- They needed a few minutes to process the form so I did some shopping and received 20% off my entire purchase for getting the flu shot.
- When they were ready they called my name over the store's PA system and asked me to return to the pharmacy.
- I was charged out at the register but was fortunate my health insurance covered the entire cost of the shot so I didn't have to pay anything. Friends had told me shots usually cost between $20 - $30.
- I went and received the shot. Yes, it hurt. But only for a couple of seconds and not nearly as bad as I'd be hurting if I caught the flu.
Then I took a nap.
When I woke up I felt like I'd been power lifting and/or had been hit by a truck. I had body aches in my arms, hands, chest, and legs. I also had the chills. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening feeling like a sick puppy. I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow.
But the moral of the story is: I'm glad Judy talked me into getting the shot. I think it's her fault I feel so icky now but I wanted to thank her for being so concerned about me not dying from the flu that she cared enough to hound me for a week.