Home
About
Media
Items on eBay
Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Winter Cardio Workout

In an effort to stay sane I've made myself look maybe just a wee bit crazy for the past few months. A lot of stress had been piling up on me for, oh, about a year or so. My doctor suggested doing a cardio workout 4 times a week. He said it would help me feel better to work off the stress. The thing is I've never gone to a gym. I don't think it's where I'd feel comfortable. I really prefer being on my own.


Then it dawned on me. . . There's a ton of snow in the yard, why don't I shovel it? So I did. I started shoveling and heave-ho'ing snow several days a week for 30 minutes. The looking crazy part is because the only snow I could shovel was on the lawn. LOL. My impression is that most people, or possibly nobody else, in Michigan shovels snow off their lawn into a gigantic mound for exercise. But hey, it was convenient, free, and it worked. My resting pulse of 70-72 went up to 102-107 beats per minute after just 30 minutes of shoveling and on sunny days it helped me make Vitamin D!

I mentioned to friends I was creating a "Snow Mountain." Not sure if they realized how big it was so here's a picture. I cut steps into the back of my pile and asked Fred to take a picture of me. The weather has gone over 50ยบ (F) the past two days and will continue being warm next week so I figured now was the time to capture an image of possibly my favorite part of my first winter in Michigan.

I think when the weather really warms up I may start digging ditches that I can use to expand last year's garden. It's another great way for me to work out, cheap, and on my own so I'm looking forward to it :)

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment



YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.