Items on eBay

Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Blood Moon in Western Michigan

This morning I woke up at 5:00 AM, not to see the Blood Moon, simply because I'm still not a good sleeper and seem to wake up at 5:00 whether there's a reason to or not.

I went out into the living room and attempted to watch the lunar eclipse from the comfort of a heated house. Alas, the trees were too thick and the moon too low in the sky to have an unobstructed view so I watched the moon disappear through a veil of trees.

Blood Moon

When it was completely shadowed over I decided it's now or never, threw on some clothes, grabbed my camera and car keys and drove down the road at 60 mph to get a clear shot before the eclipse was over. I thought I had more time. I didn't realize the moon would "set" before the eclipse concluded so this was as good as it got but I'm happy I went.

It reminded me a lot of the time my dear friend Tracy met me at 4:00 AM to photograph the sunrise on Baker Ridge at Thomas George Estates Winery in Sonoma County's famed Russian River Valley. Only this time it wasn't as much fun because I was alone and it was much colder since I forget to put on my long johns and it was only 24ยบ out. LOL

0 Click Here to Comment:

Post a Comment

YAY! No Registration Needed to Leave a Comment :)

Just look for the orange "Comment" link after the time stamp at the foot of each post and click on it, or click on the post title and the comment box will appear on the page at the base of the post when it reopens.

Comments that are Spam off topic, contain profanity, lewdness, promote violence, hate speech or any form of discrimination will either be modified or will not be posted. Click Here for a detailed list of this blog's policies.

You are welcome to make a link of your name using the Name/URL option to guide readers to your website.

Please do NOT post a string of keywords as your name. Comments received in this fashion will either not be published or the link will be removed. The Flirty Blog reserves the right to modify, delete or decline to publish comments that are considered to be off topic or SPAM.